Our PPG is reforming and there will be an ‘open evening’ and all patients, staff and G.P’s are welcome to come along for an informal chat with the Partners and Chairman.
This will be in the waiting room on 22nd May 2018 from 5.30 – 7.30pm with drinks and nibbles provided.
The Surgery are delighted to announce that Dr Hannah Weston-Simons will be joining the Practice Team from Tuesday 1st May 2018.
New Appointment System Trial
The surgery is trialling a new appointment system to improve access to appointments on the day.
This will mean there are less appointments available to prebook but more routine appointments will be available on the day.
This is a trial period and we will review how access to appointments goes over the coming weeks.
We would welcome any feedback about this new system.
MJOG. – Patient Messaging Service
MJog Messenger is a free app for patients allowing quick and easy two-way communications with their Practice.
The familiar user interface means patients will be able to use the app straight out of the box, providing patients with a convenient way to manage appointments, be alerted about services and receive reminders from their surgery. PIN authentication can be enabled to grant peace of mind for your patient.
- No cost for Patients to use the MJog Messenger App – it is free to download with no message costs.
- Simple to use app – MJog Messenger is self-explanatory with clear details including links and buttons to complete app interactions – familiar and recognisable styling.
- More informative messages for Patients, compared to SMS, with styled text and images allowing for clear and branded Practice communications.
- Convenient communications – app provides a straightforward view of documents including pdfs and letters the practice sends via the app which is delivered to one device (accessible across multiple).
- Easy access – it’s a simple process to cancel appointments in ‘one click’, provide feedback to Family, Friends Test, or complete patient surveys.
- Informative, relevant and efficient communications received – letter, pictures, links etc. all contained in one message.
- Provides quick access to Google Maps, Facebook and other apps so patients can stay in touch with your Practice.
- Building greater online engagement with patients.
We are sorry if you have had to wait for a routine appointment.
Ship Street Surgery is working very hard for its 11,118 patients
In the last 6 months we have:
- Provided 27,070 appointments
- Received & made 63,395 telephone calls.
- Done 951 Home visits
- Taken 2574 blood samples
- Dealt with 11532 blood results.
- Made 2382 referrals
- Dealt with 70,200 requests for a prescription
- Actioned 21600 clinical letters
- 891 people did not attend their appointment’s
- 175 hours of time was wasted during missed appointments
Please be patient with our staff we are working hard to look after you.
UK General Practice and the NHS is under huge pressure with an increasing workload please use the NHS wisely.
The surgery will be closed from 12.30 on the following days to give the doctors and staff the opportunity to attend learning events organised by the Clinical Commissioning Group.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and emergency cover will be provided by the out of hours provider.
- March 1st 2018
- May 1st 2018
- July 11th 2018
- September 11th 2018
- November 21st 2018
- January 10th 2019
- March 27th 2019
Dr Elizabeth Norris
Dr Stephanie Cook
Dr Elinor Flatman
Dr Stephen J Bellamy
Dr Caroline Smith
Dr Salihah Mughal
Dr Adam Cutts
Monday 8.00am - 8.00pm (extended hours appointments are available)
Tuesday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Wednesday 7.00am - 6.30pm (extended hours appointments are available)
Thursday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Friday 7.00am - 6.30pm (extended hours appointments are available)
We offer late evening appointments on Monday, and early morning appointments on Wednesday and Friday.
Please telephone to confirm times.
Parking at the surgery is limited and is available only for those patients attending the surgery. Please allow sufficient time to park before your appointment. Please remove your vehicle as soon as your consultation is over. Do not occupy the parking spaces at other times as doing so may prevent their use by the elderly or disabled.
Patient services are provided at ground level and there is wheelchair access to all the consulting and treatment rooms. We also have a specially equipped WC for disabled patient use.
This website has been designed to tell you about the practice and the services that we offer. Please read it carefully. We trust that you will find it helpful and informative.